Saturday, May 15, 2010

Okra Transplant! (And other garden updates)

So I'll try to keep this quick & to the point as to avoid boring people who honestly don't give a flying fig about our garden:

1) We transplanted okra seedlings into our garden today! They didn't have the broadest of root structures, so some of them wound up kind of laying down, but I suspect we'll get a few survivors out of the ordeal...



from this


to this

So that's exciting!

2) I'm pretty sure one of our cucumber patches contains absolutely no cucumber, but our tomatoes are doing terrific!




3) Our basil plants are looking a little worse for wear in some spots


I'm beginning to wonder if they caught a disease because I pinched them back too roughly (I should've probably pruned them with shears instead of pinching off the top with my fingers, I think)


But I guess we'll see -- this year is a big learning experience for us, so hopefully we'll come away from it more prepared for next year!

--Ak out

No comments:

Post a Comment